WADE BOWEN’S 20th BOWEN MUSICFEST MOVES TO TOUCHDOWN ALLEY WITH REO SPEEDWAGON, MIDLAND, JOE NICHOLS, JOSH ABBOTT, AARON WATSON
Bowen MusicFest is Presented by Shiner Bock; Sponsored by H.E.B.; Benefits Local Family & Children’s Charities
(Waco, Texas – March 15, 2018) – Waco native and country rock singer/songwriter Wade Bowen was joined by Mayor Kyle Deaver today to announce the lineup for the 20th anniversary of the Bowen MusicFest, revealing that REO Speedwagon, Midland, Joe Nichols, Josh Abbott, Aaron Watson, and more will perform at McLane Stadium’s Touchdown Alley on June 3rd for the Bowen Family Foundation’s annual fundraiser benefitting local family and children’s charities.
Tickets go on sale Monday, March 19 at 10:00 am Central. Tickets will be available online at prekindle.com and locally at Cavender’s – advance tickets are $25, day-of tickets are $30, plus applicable service charges. This year will be the 20th anniversary of Bowen MusicFest, which has raised over $2.5 million for charities in and around Waco.
“My most recent album is my ‘love letter’ to Texas and I named it Solid Ground because this is a place where people treat everyone like family and support each other through tough times,” said Wade Bowen. “The Bowen Family Foundation has those same ideals and for twenty years, I am proud to say we’ve had the support of this community, and beyond, in raising money that we pass on to family and children’s charities. We’ve been blessed to have grown into a new venue and I have to say from the bottom of my heart – I am incredibly grateful to the musicians and their crews who are donating their time and talent to help out as well.”
Wade Bowen’s new album, Solid Ground, debuted in February at #7 on the Independent Album Chart and #10 on the Americana Chart. Its straight-forward, yet poetic, lyrics have been described as some of the best of Bowen’s career:
• “Solid Ground, Bowen’s first release via Thirty Tigers, finds the artist exploring all the sounds that make Texas tick, including classic country, Red Dirt rock and south of the border Tex-Mex.” – Rolling Stone
• “(Solid Ground) effortlessly weaves through Red Dirt, country, mariachi, Tejano and rock ‘n’ roll without missing a beat. Bowen wrote or co-wrote 10 out of 11 songs here, and it shows.” – Austin American Statesman
• “While varying sonically and thematically, the eleven-track collection is a cohesive one that envelopes the listener in an album that unites the myriad flavors that is Texas music while remaining uniquely Bowen.” – No Depression
• “More than just a new proper studio album, Solid Ground is the newest Bowen record in the traditional sense but bolder and even better than before.” – Dallas Morning News
• “Each song oozes with heartfelt storytelling and unique musicianship. There are distinct Red Dirt influences as well as mariachi and Tejano flavors and, of course, country and rock mixed in. All united by Bowen’s silky vocals, special features from Lucie Silvas as well as fellow Texans Miranda Lambert and Jack Ingramfurther enhance an already strong release.” – Sounds Like Nashville
About Bowen Family Foundation
The annual Bowen MusicFest and Bowen Classic golf tournament celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2018. Over the years, $2.5 million dollars have been raised to benefit children and families in need in Waco, TX. The Bowen Family Foundation has become a vital organization that ensures that all monies raised go to the worthy causes in and around Waco who work tirelessly year-round. At the Bowen Family Foundation, we believe that Music Heals. With that in mind, we’re dedicated to the mission of helping to heal the children and families in and around Waco. Together, we can help them get the love, support, resources and opportunities they need to create better lives for themselves. Because we believe that is what community is all about.
Tiffany Shipp, Samantha Steuer, Dani Pines